An evidence based, scientific approach during injury rehabilitation yields the best results. The following six points outlines what Biokineticist treatment aims to achieve.
- Emphasis is placed on treating the cause of the problem rather than the symptoms
- The primary treatment modality to treat musculoskeletal problems is movement
- The full system should be assessed and not just the site of injury
- Neuromuscular control is central to most musculoskeletal rehabilitation procedures
- Exercise is usually prescribes for the full kinetic chain rather than only for single joints
- A balanced approach to rehabilitation is followed, rather than only addressing the injured joints.