WHAT DOES A BIOKINETICIST DO?
As a Biokineticist a medical professional registered with the Health professional council of South Africa under the Board of physiotherapy, Biokinetics and podiatry we develop scientific programmes to rehabilitate injuries, treat medical conditions and improve sports performance.
BIOKINETICIST HAVE A SPECIAL INTEREST IN:
– Clinical management of chronic disease
– Orthopaedic rehabilitation of sport injuries, pre-post surgery rehabilitation of degenerative joints.
– The maintenance and enhancement of physical abilities and performance enhancement
– The improvement of functional movement
– Preventative medicine through lifestyle management and health education
– The introduction of physical activity as medical for life
– Health management as well as total well being
WHEN SHOULD YOU CONSULT A BIOKINETICIST
– If you suffer from a chronic disease such as Hypertension,Arthritis or Diabetes
– If you suffer from an Orthopaedic condition that prevents you from optimising your quality of life
– If you have had surgery and are finding it difficult to recover fully
– If you suffer and injury which continues to hamper your ability to function optimally
– If you have recurring sport injuries
– If you want to scientifically improve your performance in sports
– If you are sedentary and need to increase your physical fitness levels
– If you would like to perform a fitness Assessment for your rewards program of yourself ( Vitality, Multiply, Medscheme etc )
– If you would like to check your glucose, cholesterol, triglyceride levels or test your lung capacity.